Cape Coral Hotel Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
Find out how the Cape Coral hotel accident lawyers at Wolfson & Leon can help if you were badly hurt in a slip and fall by calling 239-471-0714 today. Beyond Cape Coral's warm weather and sunny skies, travelers often look forward to a relaxing stay at a hotel or resort. Whether you plan to hang out by the pool or unwind in your room, hotels are viewed as a home away from home when traveling. Hotels and resorts must exercise reasonable care regarding their guests' safety. Yet when hotel owners or managers neglect this responsibility, guests can be badly hurt. A slip and fall in the hotel's lobby or bathroom can severely injure guests.
Contact the best Cape Coral hotel accident lawyer you can find if you were seriously injured in a hotel. Since 1963, the Cape Coral personal injury lawyers at Wolfson & Leon have pursued compensation for individuals seriously injured in hotel, motel, and resort accidents. We help injured victims recover compensation for their medical care and lost income.Injured in a Cape Coral Hotel Slip and Fall Accident?
Cape Coral was founded in 1957 when Leonard and Jack Rosen acquired over 100 miles of swamp land on the west coast of Florida. With a dream to sell land and build a city, the Rosen brothers went to work draining the swamp and building a 400-mile canal system. Today, the family-friendly Cape Coral is one of the largest cities in Southwest Florida.
With its easy access to the Caloosahatchee River and endless canals, Cape Coral is popular for boating, fishing, and kayaking. Tourists can find a variety of hotels within the city, like the Holiday Inn Express, OYO Waterfront Hotel, or the Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village.
Some of the most common places people get hurt when staying at hotels include;
- Hotel bathrooms are a common place for slip and fall accidents to happen. Guests might slip and fall as they step in or out of the shower or bathtubs without the appropriate non-slip surfaces. Water that splashes out from the shower or bathtub can leave floors slippery. Water that pools onto the floor from a leaking sink or toilet could cause someone to slip and fall.
- Guests may also slip and fall when walking through the hotel lobby. Rainwater splashing into a hotel entrance can make floors wet and slippery. Floor mats that aren’t adequately affixed could slide out from under a guest when stepped on.
- As a nice benefit for thirsty travelers, many hotels offer complimentary coffee, tea, and water in their lobby. However, walking surfaces could become slippery if guests spill their beverages or the containers leak onto the floor.
- The walking surfaces without the proper non-slip surfaces may become slippery from water splashing out from the pool or hot tub. Guests may also slip if pool ladders and steps don’t have non-slip surfaces.
- Hotel stairwells help guests get to higher floors. However, guests could fall in stairwells with dim lighting, broken handrails, or have stairs without non-slip surfaces. Stairs with worn-down carpet can be slippery when stepped on.
- Sometimes, guests may slip and fall before stepping inside the hotel. Hotel walkways littered with leaves and debris may become slippery when it rains outside. If the paint used to mark parking spots and loading zones doesn’t contain the appropriate non-slip particles, guests could slip and fall if the parking lot is wet.
You should always seek immediate medical attention when you are seriously hurt in a Cape Coral hotel accident. In a slip-and-fall accident, you can suffer severe injuries such as broken bones, head trauma, soft tissue tears, deep cuts, lacerations, or damage to your back or neck.
Even if you feel okay after a Cape Coral hotel slip and fall injury, you should see a medical professional as soon as possible. You may not realize you have hit your head, broken a bone, or torn a ligament when you fell. To prevent further damage, getting checked out is a good idea.
When you are seriously injured in a Cape Coral hotel accident, you should take steps to protect your rights and preserve the area where the accident happened. Key steps to take when gravely injured during a hotel stay include:
- Reporting the accident to the hotel manager or staff member in charge
- Obtaining copies of any reports completed by the hotel documenting the accident and injury.
- Try to preserve the scene where the accident happened by taking photos and videos. To get a complete view of where the slip and fall accident occurred, try to get various shots from different angles and distances. Be sure to include photos or videos of anything specific that may have caused the accident, such as broken handrails or pooling water on the floor.
- Find out your legal compensation rights by speaking with a best Cape Coral hotel accident attorney. When management and staff don’t take the appropriate steps to ensure their guests' safety, the hotel may be negligent in their responsibilities.
A guest who is seriously hurt in a hotel slip and fall accident may need significant medical care for their injuries. Hospitalization, physical rehabilitation, and follow-up care may be necessary. The financial strain it can place on your family adds to the pain and stress of an accident. When you suffer severe injuries in a slip and fall, you may not be able to return to work until you have recovered. If you contribute to your family's finances, your inability to work can make it difficult to pay your rent, utilities, and other necessities.Should You Call a Cape Coral Hotel Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer?
If you are gravely injured while staying at a Cape Coral hotel, it is advisable to seek legal assistance. When injuries result from hotel management or staff negligence, you could be compensated for your medical care, future treatment, and lost income. So, it’s critical to find out what rights you have when gravely injured during your stay at a Cape Coral hotel.
Since 1963, the Law Offices of Wolfson & Leon have defended people badly hurt while visiting hotels, restaurants, and retail stores. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll severe injuries have on accident victims and their families. We are dedicated to pursuing the best settlement possible for our clients.
If you suffered severe injuries in a Cape Coral hotel slip and fall or any other accident, we encourage you to call us today for a free, no-obligation legal consultation. Our Cape Coral hotel accident lawyers review the legal merits of your claim and talk with you about possible legal options to recover compensation for the injuries you have suffered.
Find out how the Cape Coral hotel accident lawyers at Wolfson & Leon can help you by calling 239-471-0714 today.