Cape Coral Gas Station Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
When you are seriously hurt in a Cape Coral gas station accident and don’t know what to do next, reach out to Wolfson & Leon at their Cape Coral office by calling 239-471-0714 for help.
Most people visit gas stations regularly. You may be filling up your tank on the way to work or running inside for a coffee. While stopping at the gas station may be a weekly errand for most of us, getting hurt is the last thing on our minds. Yet gas station accidents can happen more frequently than we expect.
Families often do not realize the toll a severe Cape Coral gas station accident can have. You may need extensive medical care and recovery time if you shattered a hip bone or suffer from a traumatic brain injury. Your injuries could prevent you from working and, in some cases, could have a lasting effect on your future earning potential.
If you suffered severe injuries in a Cape Coral gas station accident, it’s a good idea to find out what legal rights you might have to compensation. Since 1963, Wolfson & Leon has represented people severely injured at gas stations, convenience stores, supermarkets, and other business establishments. We understand the emotional, mental, and financial stress families face when a loved one has been severely injured, and we work tirelessly to get the best settlement possible.Cape Coral Gas Station Accidents
Cape Coral is a popular tourist destination for people who enjoy being out on the water. With over 400 miles of canals and close proximity to the Caloosahatchee River, Cape Coral offers plenty of boating, fishing, kayaking, and other water sports. Residents can find plenty of quiet neighborhoods, schools, and parks in Cape Coral.
People often stop at Cape Coral gas stations to fuel up their cars or fill gas containers for boats or other vehicles. Many Cape Coral gas stations have convenience stores, making buying lottery tickets or picking up milk on the way home easy.
With so many cars pulling in and out of the station and pedestrians walking up to the convenience store, stopping by your local Cape Coral gas station can pose dangers. Slips and falls are among the common accidents that can happen at a Cape Coral gas station.
Frequent slip and fall hazards faced by Cape Coral gas station customers include:
- Slippery areas around exterior pumps are often the result of leaking gas, oil, or other fluids.
- Leaves, papers, or other debris left on walkways that become slick when wet.
- Parking lot paint that doesn’t contain the appropriate non-slip materials can become slick when it gets wet.
- Water that pools onto the floor from leaking sinks or toilets in gas station bathrooms.
- Coffee or soda machines that overflow or malfunction, leaking liquid onto the floor.
- Spilled beverages that are promptly cleaned up.
- Entryways without floor mats to soak up water tracked in by guests.
- Malfunctioning gas station refrigerators or freezers that leave condensation on the floors.
- Dim lighting at night may prevent the customer from seeing outdoor slip and fall hazards.
- Gas station convenience store floors with receipts, papers, or other debris.
- Loose floor mats that may slide when stepped on.
While some Cape Coral gas station slip and fall accidents are relatively minor, others may require immediate medical attention. Customers hurt in slip and fall accidents may suffer from such severe injuries as broken bones, torn soft tissues, sprains, deep cuts, neck and back injuries, and head trauma.What to Do When Hurt at a Cape Coral Gas Station
Always seek medical attention when you get hurt at a Cape Coral gas station, convenience store, or any other establishment. Even when your injuries seem minor, you should still get checked out by a medical professional, as some damage isn’t always apparent when the accident happens. If you skip seeking medical care, you could cause further damage to the injuries you sustained.
When the gas station owner, manager, or employees' negligence caused the accident, and you were hurt; as a result, you should take immediate steps to protect your rights. A few key steps to take when hurt at a Cape Coral gas station include:
- Immediately report the accident to the station’s manager or employee in charge. Ask for copies of any reports or documents they complete.
- When possible, write down what you can remember of the accident. Document the names and numbers of anyone who saw the accident.
- Take videos and pictures with your phone to preserve the accident scene. To get a more complete view of the accident scene, taking photos and videos from varying distances and angles is helpful. Be sure to get shots of anything that may have contributed to the accident, such as a missing floor mat at the entrance or a bottle of leaking fluid.
Finally, speaking with a best Cape Coral gas station accident attorney can be helpful. When your injuries result from negligence by the gas station's manager or employees, you can be compensated for your damage.Cape Coral Gas Station Slip and Fall Accident Law Firm
A serious Cape Coral gas station accident can lead to severe injuries. A slip and fall injury may require costly medical care and weeks of recovery time. You may be in pain and unable to work until you have recovered. Slip and fall accident victims may suffer additional financial stress if they cannot pay their rent or buy groceries because they aren’t working.
If you were seriously hurt in a Cape Coral gas station slip and fall, contact Wolfson & Leon today for a free, no-obligation case consultation. There may be available legal options for you to recover damages for your injuries. Find out more when you speak with a Cape Coral gas station accident lawyer from Wolfson & Leon today at 239-471-0714.