Sarasota Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents are dangerous because they can happen just about anywhere. Whether shopping for groceries, walking through a restaurant, or strolling through an outdoor mall, slick or uneven floors can cause people to lose their balance and fall. If you hit the ground or another surface, you could break a bone or hit your head. People may experience sprains or torn ligaments as they try to catch themselves as they fall.
If you were badly injured in a Sarasota slip and fall accident and are stressed out by the mountain of medical treatment bills you are receiving for your treatment, it is a good idea to speak with a Sarasota slip and fall accident attorney. Depending on the circumstances around your accident, you may be entitled to recover damages to help pay for your medical treatment, continuing care and reimburse you for wages lost when your injuries prevent you from earning a living.
To learn more about your rights are in a Sarasota slip and fall accident, you should contact the Wolfson Law Firm. You can speak with a Sarasota personal injury attorney at no cost to find out if you have a case. Don't wait to find out what your rights are when you've been hurt. Call the Wolfson Law Firm today at (239) 471-0714.Hurt in a Slip and Fall Accident?
Located on the pristine Gulf Coast of Florida, Sarasota is a growing beach community. With a population of 59,363 residents, Sarasota has plenty of quiet neighborhoods, parks, and schools. For people who enjoy the outdoors, the city features an array of walking trails, botanical gardens, and wildlife preserves. The Myakka River State Park is a relaxing place to kayak, canoe, boat, and fish.
Sarasota offers plenty of outdoor shopping venues. Explore the restaurants, stores, and art galleries as you walk down Main Street in downtown Sarasota. Or visit Gulf Gate to experience an array of ethnic cuisines ranging from Korean to Hungarian. Every Saturday, the Sarasota Farmer’s Market draws residents and visitors seeking fresh produce and baked goods.
Some of the most common causes of Sarasota slip and fall accidents include;
- Spilled or leaking liquids on floors that are not promptly cleaned up.
- Water that splashes into the entryways from rain or is tracked in by customers walking into the establishment.
- Loose floor mats that slide when stepped on
- Changes in walkway materials, such as carpet to wood or tile.
- Loose debris that can become slippery when stepped on
- Stairwells that have broken or missing handrails or steps which are not equipped with the proper tread to prevent slipping.
- Fruits and vegetables that are dropped and stepped on can leave a clear residue that people can slip on if not cleaned up.
- Leaves, grass, and dirt that accumulate on sidewalks and steps can become slippery when they get wet.
There are a few things you should do when you’ve been involved in an accident.
- If you slip and fall in a Sarasota restaurant, hotel, or any business establishment, be sure that you notify management of the accident. Get a copy of any reports completed to document your accident.
- When possible, take pictures of the area where the accident happened. If anything caused the accident, such as debris in the aisle or spilled liquids, try to take photos of this.
- If your injuries are life-threatening or permanent, seek medical attention at once. But if you feel ok, you should still see a doctor as soon as possible. You may be less inclined to get checked out if you feel like you haven't been hurt, but your injuries may not be evident until later. You risk aggravating the damage to your body if you aren't checked out.
For more than 55 years, the Wolfson Law Firm has proudly represented the residents of Sarasota and its surrounding communities. Our Sarasota slip and fall injury attorneys fight for their client's interests and work tirelessly to negotiate the best settlement to pay for their treatment.
Call the Wolfson Law Firm today when you’ve been badly hurt. To help accident victims learn when they may have legal rights, we offer a free consultation. And should you have a claim, you pay no legal fees unless our Sarasota personal injury lawyers settle your case. You can find out more when you call the Wolfson Law Firm today at (239) 471-0714.