Sarasota Gas Station Accidents
It seems that you can find plenty of gas stations on just about every busy road in Sarasota. The large number of gas stations makes it easy to fill up your tank on the way to work or before a day at the beach. But that quick pitstop you make to get gas or grab a cup of coffee may cause you injury when you least expect it.
If you were badly hurt in an accident while visiting a gas station, you need to talk to the best Sarasota gas station accident injury attorney you can find. The Sarasota personal injury lawyers at Wolfson Law Firm are dedicated to helping people hurt in accidents at gas stations, grocery stores, and other retail outlets recover compensation to pay for their treatment. People often don't realize that they may receive damages when they were hurt in an accident that wasn't their fault. You can learn more by contacting the Wolfson Law Firm for your free case evaluation when you call (239) 471-0714 today.Sarasota Gas Station Injury Accidents
Once known as "Circus Capital of the World," Sarasota used to be the winter location for the Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey Circus. Visitors can experience the magic of the circus at the Ringling Circus Museum. This family-friendly center features guided tours, scavenger hunts, and a special play area for the kids known as The Ringling Playspace.
No matter where you go in Sarasota, there is a lot of activity going on at a gas station. Between commuters pulling in to fill up their tanks on the way to work, trucks delivering goods to the convenience store, or the family stocking up on ice and snacks for a weekend trip, gas stations can be busy places.
Common ways for people to get hurt at gas stations include.
- Slips and falls inside the gas station convenience store. Whether it is a leaking pot of coffee, spilled drink, or a wet entryway, a slick floor may result in someone slipping and falling.
- Water from leaking faucets or toilets in the bathroom can lead to slippery floors.
- Boxes and other debris that haven't been cleaned up after a delivery can cause people to slip or trip and fall.
- Broken parking stops and uneven pavement may result in a trip and fall accident.
- Gas stations that are poorly lit at night may cause someone to trip or slip and fall if they can’t see potential hazards on the ground. A parking lot with bad lighting can also give rise to someone falling victim to a crime.
- Cars driving in and out of the gas station can pose risks to pedestrians walking through the lot or behind parked cars.
- Leaked oil or other fluids can make walkways slick around the pumps and the parking lot.
Delivery trucks parked near sidewalks or areas that could block a driver's view may pose risks to pedestrians walking through the lot.
A slip and fall accident at a Sarasota gas station may not seem like a big deal when it happens. But when you hit your head on the pavement or a hard floor, you could experience a severe brain injury. Falls can also lead to torn ligaments, sprains, broken bones, or injuries to your back or neck. This type of damage can be painful and require immediate medical treatment. Even if the accident does not seem bad and you feel fine, it is always a good idea to be examined by a doctor.Sarasota Gas Station Accident Injury Law Firm
When you have been badly hurt in an accident at a gas station, speaking with a Sarasota personal injury law firm is a good idea. Extensive injuries may require weeks of treatment and rest. Not only can the cost of your medical treatment start to add up, but if your injuries prevent you from working, your ability to pay your household bills and put food on the table may be compromised.
If you are suffering from the pain and stress of an accident that wasn't your fault, you should protect yourself by finding out what legal rights you have. Since 1963, the Wolfson Law Firm has fought for the rights of Sarasota residents hurt in accidents. With our free case analysis, you can get the legal guidance you need without worrying about how you will pay for it. Call the Sarasota gas station injury lawyers at the Wolfson Law Firm today at (239) 471-0714.