Punta Gorda Publix Accidents
No one expects to get hurt shopping at their local Publix Super Market. But even running in to pick up a few items on the way home from work can be hazardous. Wet floors, debris in walkways, or overhead items that fall can cause injury to unsuspecting shoppers.
While not every accident leads to serious injury, those can wreak havoc on a person's well-being and livelihood. When you've been badly hurt at Publix or any other grocery store in Punta Gorda, you should speak with a best Punta Gorda grocery store accident lawyer. When your injuries are severe and need extensive medical treatment and recovery time, you should find out what legal rights you may have for monetary compensation. The Wolfson Law Firm may be able to help you. Find out by speaking with our Punta Gorda personal injury lawyers can help by calling us today at (239) 471-0714 for a free case consultation.Publix Super Market Accidents
Founded in 1930, Publix Super Markets are one of the largest grocery store chains in Florida. These popular stores are known for their fresh produce, delicious baked goods, and handmade sandwiches. Customers are greeted with scores of brightly lit aisles packed high with an assortment of pre-packaged goods, soda, and cookware. Shoppers can find what they need to bake a tasty meal at Publix.
Whether you are on your weekly grocery store run or picking up a few essentials, we aren't worried about our safety as we shop. But grocery stores can pose severe hazards to customers. Common ways that people get hurt while shopping at Publix and other grocery stores include.
- Slip and Fall Accidents – Whether it's water, milk, or cleaner, grocery stores carry many liquids. Floors that are slick from spilled or leaking fluids can lead to a severe slip and fall injury. A falling customer may experience damaged ligaments, sprains, or even broken bones if they try to catch themselves when falling. If a shopper hits their head on the floor or shelf, they may experience severe head trauma. The impact of the fall on their neck or back can cause serious injury and pain.
- Falling Merchandise or Other Objects – Publix often stacks its merchandise high up on shelves. Customers can be hit in the head, neck, or shoulders if loose items fall from overhead. Even hanging signs that fall or displays that topple over can strike and injure shoppers.
- Debris or Obstacles – Grocery stores need to keep their shelves well-stocked. Yet plastic wrap, boxes, or other packaging materials in the aisles may pose a slip or trip and fall hazard to customers if they aren’t put away.
- Entryways – Floor mats that aren't adequately secured can slide when people step on them, causing them to slip and fall.
- Parking lot dangers – People can even get hurt when walking through a parking lot. Potholes, broken parking stops, or hidden curbs can cause a trip and fall accident. Overgrown bushes or trees can block a driver’s view, putting pedestrians in danger of being hit.
A grocery store accident may not seem like a big deal when it happens. Even if you feel ok after an accident, you should get checked out by a medical professional. For some, it may not be evident that they'd been hurt until a couple of hours later. You may have hit your head or broken a bone without realizing it. These injuries may require specialized care, in-home help, and rehabilitation. And if you can't work while you recover, this creates an added financial burden.
The Punta Gorda personal injury attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm are dedicated to helping injured people get the justice they deserve. We handle all areas of your case, including phone calls, paperwork, and negotiations. While you focus on getting better, we focus on getting the best settlement possible.
Our Punta Gorda personal injury attorneys represent clients on a contingent fee basis. You do not pay for legal services unless your case is settled. This arrangement gives you access to legal representation without worrying about how you'll pay for it. You can talk to a Punta Gorda personal injury lawyer today when you call (239) 471-0714.