Port Charlotte Personal Injury
No one expects to get hurt as they go about their day. Whether driving to work, shopping at the local grocery store, or eating dinner at your favorite restaurant, accidents happen when we least expect them. When a significant injury impacts your family, it's a good idea to call the best Port Charlotte personal injury attorney you can locate.
The Wolfson Law Firm has defended accident victims since 1963. Our team of personal injury lawyers work to recover the best settlement possible for their clients. Should you have a case, we take care of the filings, phone calls, and negotiations on your behalf. If your case requires a trial, we represent your interests in court.
Contact the Wolfson Law Firm today if you were hurt but aren't sure if you have a case or have questions about what legal remedies are available. You can speak with a Port Charlotte personal injury attorney for free when you call at (239) 471-0714.What Cases Does a Port Charlotte Personal Injury Lawyer Handle?
Located near the sunny shores of the Gulf Coast, Port Charlotte is a growing community with over 67,000 residents. You will find a variety of hotels, restaurants, and retail stores throughout the city. For people who enjoy the outdoors, Port Charlotte has parks, golf courses, and public beaches.
When badly hurt in an accident, you should speak with an attorney specializing in personal injury law. Some of the most common cases that a personal injury lawyer handles include:
- Car crashes
- Slip and fall
- Trip and fall
- Premise liability
- Medical malpractice
When you sustain severe injuries from an accident, you may be able to recover compensation for your injuries. You could be entitled to damages for.
- Medical expenses: This may include emergency room treatment, your hospital stay, doctor visits, physical rehabilitation, and prescriptions.
- Future treatment: Some injuries may be permanent and life-altering. You or your loved one may require in-home care and continuing medical treatment.
- Lost income: If injuries keep you from working, you could be reimbursed for income that you've lost while you are recovering.
- Loss of earning potential: In some cases, your injuries may be so severe that you may no longer be able to function in your current profession. This may significantly reduce future earnings that you may have had if you weren’t hurt in an accident.
- Pain and suffering
The most important thing to do when you've been hurt is seek medical help if your injuries are severe. Other key steps to take when you've been injured in an accident include:
- Report your accident: If you were involved in a car accident, you should call the police. Accidents that happen in a store, restaurant, outdoor mall, or any other establishment should be brought to the attention of the manager or employee in charge.
- Get copies: Ask for a copy of any report that a police officer, store manager, or employee completes which documents your accident.
- Pictures: If possible, use your phone to take pictures of the area where you were hurt. Get photos of what may have caused or contributed to your accident. This could be another car, a missing sign, or broken pavement.
- Take notes: Document what you remember about the accident. Was there something blocking the aisle, was there a warning sign on a recently mopped floor, or did a car run a red light? It may be hard to remember tiny details about your accident as time goes by. Be sure to get any names and phone numbers of people who saw the accident.
When you've been hurt, it is a good idea to find out what your rights are by speaking with a Port Charlotte personal injury attorney. They can advise you of your options and let you know what to expect if you choose to file a lawsuit. Learn more today by calling the Wolfson Law Firm at (239) 471-0714.Port Charlotte Personal Injury Law Firm
The Wolfson Law Firm helps people hurt in accidents. If you were gravely injured in an automobile accident, slip and fall, or the victim of medical malpractice, you could speak with a personal injury attorney at no cost. Should you decide to file a lawsuit, you pay no fees for our legal services unless you win your case.
The Wolfson Law Firm serves the residents of Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, Rotunda, Grove City, and Englewood. Call us today at (239) 471-0714.