North Port Publix Accidents
Publix is a wildly popular grocery store in Florida. Publix Super Markets are busy almost any time of the day with aisles of fresh produce, baked goods, and pantry items.
You don’t expect to get hurt when you shop for the week or run in to pick up a few items for dinner. However, customers can be injured if they slip and fall while shopping. While some people may walk away from an accident with minor bruises and cuts, others may not be so lucky.
If you were injured when shopping at a Publix Super Market, it's a good idea to speak with the best North Port accident lawyer that you can identify. People with serious injuries may need extensive medical care and recovery time. Not only can the medical bills be costly, but many accident victims are unable to work due to their injuries. This can cause severe strain on a family's finances, especially if the injured party contributes heavily to the household's budget.
The North Port personal injury attorneys at the Wolfson Law Firm may be able to help when you have been hurt at Publix or any other grocery store. You can speak with a North Port personal injury attorney at no cost to find out what options for damages may be available to you. Call the Wolfson Law Firm today at (239) 471-0714.Slip and Fall Injury at Publix Super Market in North Port
North Port has three Publix Super Markets in town.
- 17179 Tamiami Trail
- 1219 S Sumter Blvd
- 1251 S Toledo Blade Blvd
Slips and falls are common accidents that happen in grocery stores. Slip and fall accidents may be caused by;
- Broken freezer or refrigerator that leaks water on the floor
- Customers who spill drinks onto the floor
- Produce that is dropped and stepped on may leave a slick, transparent residue on the floor
- Bottles that are broken or leaking in the aisles
- Water that pools onto the bathroom floor from a leaking sink or toilet
- Entryways that become slick when rainwater is tracked in
When people lose their balance in a slip and fall accident, it can result in severe injuries, such as;
- Traumatic brain injuries: When a person falls, they could hit their head on the hard floor, shelf, or counter. The impact of a person’s head hitting a hard object may result in a concussion, brain bleed, or torn tissues. According to the Centers for Disease Control, an estimated 13.5 million people have a disability resulting from a traumatic brain injury.
- Broken bones: A person could break a bone if they try to catch themselves from falling. Older adults may be more prone to breaking a bone when their body hits a firm surface.
- Spinal cord injuries: A compressed or severed spinal cord can lead to extensive and life-threatening injuries.
- Bruises and cuts: These are typically minor injuries when a person hits an object as they fall.
- Soft tissue injuries: Sprained wrists or ankles may seem more like a nuisance when they happen. But if soft tissue injures are left untreated, they could lead to more serious injuries such as torn ligaments and tendons.
No one expects to get hurt while grocery shopping at a North Port Publix Super Market. But if it happens, it's a good idea to talk with a best North Port personal injury attorney. It's essential to look out for your interests when you've been hurt in a slip and fall or any other accident.
For almost 60 years, the Wolfson Law Firm has represented people hurt in serious slip and fall accidents. Our North Port personal injury attorneys team takes care of all aspects of your slip and fall case. We file paperwork, make phone calls, and negotiate a settlement that is in your best interest. We handle your case, including phone calls, paperwork, and negotiations. There is no fee for your first call. Should you decide to pursue a lawsuit to recover damages, you only pay for our legal services once a settlement has been reached. Don't wait - you can talk to a North Port personal injury lawyer today by calling (239) 471-0714.